Exclusive Milford Sound Day Trip
Personalised Milford Sound Experiences
See the best of Milford Sound and surrounds through the eyes of a local
Your day, your way
Design an incredible day out in Milford Sound that includes all the best, must- see spots. Pick and choose from some of Milford’s most popular attractions to create a personalised itinerary. This is your day: spend it your way.
Meet your local host
Explore Milford Sound alongside your local host. All our team are gifted storytellers who will share stories of Milford’s vibrant history, flora, fauna, wildlife, Māori legends, and local culture. They’ll also make sure you don’t miss out on any must-do experiences.
“We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Bard! I wouldn’t normally book a guide, but we really wanted to make the most of our time in Fiordland. We appreciated Bard’s flexibility, especially because it happened to rain heavily while we were there. Our day focused on hiking, and Bard shared a lot of interesting stories about the area. We saw many birds, including an owl and a falcon! I feel like we learned a lot and saw more than we would have just exploring on our own. It was a great experience!” Jillian from the USA, May 19
- Milford Sound Foreshore & Township (60mins)
After meeting you at the Milford Sound Lodge (or picking you up from Te Anau), we will show you around the Milford Sound township. Explore the local community, the fishing fleet, and the foreshore walk, all while learning about the history of the area.
- Routeburn Track – Key Summit Trail (3 hours) – **Feb 2020 – The Routeburn Track is currently closed due to heavy rainfall and damage to the track. Contact us for information on accessing this area from 7th December 2020.**
Enjoy panoramic views over mountains and alpine lakes and tarns on this section of the Routeburn Track, one of New Zealand’s Great Walks. The Key Summit Trail departs from Milford Road and is a great way to experience an alpine environment. It’s a slightly challenging yet achievable half-day walk.
- Hollyford Track – Hidden Falls (4 hours) **Feb 2020 – The Hollyford Track is currently closed due to heavy rainfall and damage to the track. Contact us for information on accessing this area at a later date.**
This 4 hour return hike offers a mixed beech podocarp forest unique to the Hollyford Valley with less people. View highlights include the Hollyford River, Darran Mountains and the roaring hidden falls. For a hike with minimum people and maximum views, this is our top pick.
- Lake Marian Track (20-30 mins return) – **Feb 2020 – The Lake Marian Track is currently closed due to heavy rainfall and damage to the track. Contact us for information on accessing this area at a later date.**
Hike a stunning section of the Lake Marian Track. This short hike meanders alongside the Marian Creek to a beautiful series of waterfalls. Your guide will point out local flora, fauna, and wildlife along the way.
- Humboldt Falls Track (30 mins return) – **Feb 2020 – The Humboldt Falls Track is currently closed due to heavy rainfall and damage to the track. Contact us for information on accessing this area at a later date.**
Hike through picturesque rainforest to a lookout where you’ll be mesmerised by the Humboldt Falls. The falls descend 275 metres in three drops (the highest is 134 metres) and are set in a beautiful valley landscape.
Why book an Exclusive Milford Sound Day Trip?
- Completely different to a bus tour, this is a personalised way to experience world-famous Milford Sound
- Private nature guide by your side – you’ll see more and learn more
- A fully-flexible trip – add on a walk, helicopter or Milford Sound cruise
- Full-day adventure