Kepler Conservation Walk
A WALK WITH A PURPOSE
For sightseers, budding ecologists and everyone in between, a very special guided walk along the Kepler Track.
Departs daily at 9.30 am from Te Anau, returns 12 pm. Includes return boat ride on Lake Te Anau and nature guide.
In Fiordland National Park, conservation is happening every day. This is your chance to come and see it in action.
Take a fascinating walk along the Kepler Track (and a few detours off the track) to explore an active conservation project. Perfect for families, small groups, those with a thirst for knowledge or anyone curious to explore the lush native bush on the other side of the lake.
- Cruise across Lake Te Anau on the Kepler Water Taxi
- Step onto the Kepler Track, one of New Zealand’s Great Walks
- Take a gentle, scenic walk with a knowledgeable guide
- A small group experience; maximum of 8 people
- Explore the habits and habitats of Fiordland’s native and introduced species
- 2.5 hour return trip; departs daily
- One of the only point-to-point tour options operating from Te Anau lakefront
An unbeatable activity to do in Te Anau in just 2.5 hours, and a perfect way to spend the morning. Even if one of the Great Walks is on your itinerary, this experience will give you a whole new level of understanding of the ecosystem you are about to journey into.
A rewarding sightseeing and education experience:
- Understand the active conservation projects happening in the Kepler Peninsula as well as the progress and innovation of conservation throughout New Zealand.
- Learn about the status of Fiordland’s native inhabitants like tui, kereru (wood pigeon) and kea, as well as the smaller, but no less important locals like the lush mosses and lichens carpeting the forest floor.
- Step off the formed paths and follow a trap line (where traps are laid to catch introduced pests such as ferrets, stoats, possums and rats).
- Learn about Fiordland Conservation Trust, and its programmes like the world-renowned Kids Restore the Kepler programme
Fiordland Outdoors Co. supports Fiordland Conservation Trust
We love Fiordland and we play our part in the active guardianship of this precious ecosystem. Fiordland Outdoors Co. is the very proud principal patron of the Fiordland Conservation Trust. The trust carries out crucial work to save endangered species and other conservation in action initiatives. We work to raise awareness of conservation efforts in Fiordland on all of our trips.