Terms and Conditions
We recommend that you arrange travel insurance to guard against the loss of costs associated with the cancellation or delay of your trip due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
We know things happen when you are travelling. Talk to us and we can work it out together.
Cancellation & refund policies
Milford Track Great Walks Season
We require full payment at the time of booking in order to confirm your booking. Please call us as soon as possible if you need to cancel, change or amend your booking. Otherwise, our cancellation and refund policies are as follows:-
- Changes up to 24 hours prior to your departure are free of charge.
- Cancel 24 hours prior to your departure = full refund.
- Cancel within 24 hours of your track start date and time = no refund
- Track Conditions – Department of Conservation cancels on the day of departure due to severe weather or facility/service conditions = 100% refund
- Track Conditions – Department of Conservation cancel whilst on the track at any stage due to track or weather conditions, no refund will be available and DOC will organise your removal from the track.
Covid-19 Cancellation and refund policy
- Full refund up to the time of travel if you are unable to depart due to any level change occurring in New Zealand or overseas, no questions asked but as much notice as possible would be appreciated.
- Levels 1 & 2 – Operates as normal, 40 hikers onto the track each day, no restrictions
- Level 3 means facilities are closed and refunds will automatically be issued.
- Level 4 also closed and refunds will automatically be issued.
You can also visit this page for more information – https://www.doc.govt.nz/news/issues/covid-19/
Cancellation & Refund policy – all other trips – We require cancellation 48 hours prior to trip departure for a full refund to the original card the booking was made on. This policy does not apply if both parties agree severe weather conditions prevent the trip from commencing. If you need to cancel within 48 hours, please call us as soon as possible and we reserve the right to enforce our cancellation/refund policy but we will also use our discretion.
Departure Times – Whilst we will always do our best to keep to our scheduled departure time, sometimes things happen and we have to adjust our schedule or re-book you with a different operator. We will let you know in plenty of time what the new arrangement will be and we will not let you down.
Media Consent – Fiordland Outdoors Co. reserves the right to the use of any images or footage taken on our trips for promotional purposes, e.g. Facebook, Website, etc.
Outstanding Balances – Fiordland Outdoors Co. have authorisation to charge any outstanding balances of the trip to the same card used to pay the deposit immediately after trip is completed.