Experienced Fly Anglers
Join us for a distinctly different Fiordland fishing experience you won’t forget in a hurry.
Using his wealth of local knowledge, Mark Wallace – One half of the Husband and wife duo that are behind Fiordland Outdoors Co. – and his team of top-notch kiwi guides will show you an extraordinary fly fishing experience on the mighty Waiau River.
Why do we specialise on the Waiau River?
- It’s full of hard-fighting Fiordland rainbow and wily brown trout – 300 per kilometer!
- Using our river boat provides us with superior maneuverability for top results drift fishing the river or accessing beaches and islands on the river you can’t get to on foot.
- Outstanding evening rises and Mayfly hatches can often occur on the Upper Waiau
- Just 5 minutes from Te Anau, we offer maximum fishing time, minimal driving time
- This river is often fishable when others aren’t. Controlled by a dam at the beginning of it’s 28km length, heavy rain doesn’t mean the fishing is disrupted offering certainty when booking months ahead.
- Our professional kiwi guides are true-blue locals and great people to spend time with – they know the Waiau River like the back of their hand
- Enjoy Kiwi hospitality at its very best; our BBQ lunch with locally sourced produce tops off an epic day on the water
Join us for a morning, afternoon or full day of fly fishing on the mighty Waiau. You’ll quickly see why professional anglers and those who have fished all over the world rave about their time spent fishing with us.