Milford Track Transport – Overnight Hiking Transport Packages
Get to the Milford Track quickly and easily with a complete Milford Track transport package.
The logistics of the Milford Track don’t need to be a hassle. Our connecting boat + bus and self-drive packages make transport a breeze so you can focus on enjoying your hike.
Enjoy the fastest boat service to the track and the ease of booking all your transport in one place. Don’t be last to the hut – book today to secure your fast and easy Milford Track Transport.
Queenstown or Te Anau Milford Track Transport Package:
- 10:35 am Bus from Queenstown to Te Anau Downs + 2 pm water taxi each end of the track + 2:30 pm bus Milford Sound back to Queenstown
- 1:25 pm Bus from Te Anau + 1 pm water taxi each end of the track + 2:30 pm bus Milford Sound back to Te Anau
Book all the linking transport you need to walk the Milford Track in one easy step and we will take care of the rest. Bus bookings will be made on your behalf with our partner Tracknet bus services which connect perfectly with our 2 pm fast boat to the start of the Milford Track and the Sandfly Point water taxi service.
Note: The Sandfly Point transfer boat will continuously shuttle walkers back and forth from the end of the track to Milford Sound. There will be multiple daily departures between 1 pm and 4.30 pm (30 Nov – 30 Apr) if you happen to miss the 2 pm. However, if you are booking the 2.30 pm bus we recommend being at Sandfly Point ready to go at 1.55 pm so you are in the first boatload across.
Self-Drive Milford Track Transport Package:
- 2 pm water taxi each end of the track + vehicle relocation from Te Anau Downs to Milford Sound
This is one of our most popular packages, so get in quick to discuss any questions you may have. We’ve teamed up with the friendly Easyhike company to help us to deliver the ultimate Milford Track independent hiking support.
Build Your Own Milford Track Transport Package + Flight Milford Sound to Queenstown
The best way to end your Milford Track walk.
After finishing your walk, take a spectacular flight from Milford Sound Airport to Queenstown Airport and get back to Queenstown in less than 40 minutes (instead of a 5-hour bus ride).
Guests often choose to fly out of Milford Sound rather than travel back along the Milford road. Why? Because it’s the icing on the cake for any Fiordland experience! After tackling the Milford Track on foot, you can fly high above the national park and the immense wilderness area you have walked through.
Why take a scenic flight with our partner Glenorchy Air?
- Skip the 5-hour bus ride from Milford Sound to Queenstown
- You are dropped to your Queenstown accommodation from Queenstown Airport
- Arrive back in Queenstown by 4pm with plenty of time to relax
- A flight is only $240 more than the 5-hour bus ride
- Milford Sound Airport is a short walk from the boat drop-off point
Milford Track Hikers Special Rate
Get a special rate on a Milford Sound return flight with our flight partner, Glenorchy Air when you book with us. To book this, select our ‘Book Your Own Milford Track Transport Package’ and add the flight option to your booking.
Looking for a day walk on the Milford Track?
You can take the water taxi from Milford Sound to Sandfly Point for a day hike on the Milford Track. Here’s how to find the Milford Track Water Taxi in Milford Sound.
Why book Milford Track transport with us?
- Your track transport is done in one, easy booking – water taxi to the track, vehicle relocation, or return bus to Te Anau or Queenstown
- The Milford Track fast boat. Get to Glade Wharf and the first hut before the last boatload of hikers arrive (so you can have a quieter start to your hike and choose your bed)
- Help planning your transport. It can be confusing if you have been tasked with planning for your group! We explain all the options and help you book a package best suited to your plans
- No risk booking with our 24-hour cancellation policy
- Access special rates on return flights from Milford Sound to Queenstown with our flight partner, Glenorchy Air, and special cruise rates with Cruise Milford (see details below)