Milford Track Hike & Lake Cruise
There is only one Milford Track
And this is your chance to experience this prized NZ Great Walk on a one-day guided adventure. For most, the Milford Track is a 4-day hike, but with an expert guide by your side, you get the Milford Track experience in one day.
You’ll be amazed by what you can see in a day when you’re in the middle of Fiordland. Feast your eyes on a rich landscape carved by glaciers and hear unbelievable stories of early Māori and European pioneers who ventured into an untamed landscape.
Your Milford Track Day Walk Experience
- Meet your guide at your Te Anau accommodation and get to know each before heading off on an unforgettable day out.
- A 50-minute boat ride from Te Anau Downs across the South Island’s largest lake, Lake Te Anau. A good way to get a sense of how big Fiordland is.
- Arrive at Glade Wharf, the start of the world-famous Milford Track.
- Your adventure begins at the suspension bridge as you cross into the immense landscape of Fiordland National Park.
- If you’re keen, we can cover the 14-kilometres return walk in a day; or choose to take it at a slower pace.
- Enjoy a lunch break at scenic Clinton Hut.
- Head back to the boat at Glade Wharf for the return journey to Te Anau.
The Milford Track is a must-do – but you don’t have to do it the way everyone else does
Take your time, enjoy incredible vistas all to yourself and soak up personalised commentary. There’s no better way to do the Milford Track.
- Return boat journey
- Private nature guide
- Picnic lunch available as an add-on
- Pick-up, drop-off from your Te Anau accommodation
- Small group tour, suitable for a maximum of 12 people
- Private charter available
- Departs Te Anau 9am, Returns 4.30pm (approx.)
Guided Milford Track Day Walk
Take a one-day guided walk on the famous Milford Track – without the crowds
- A shorter experience of New Zealand’s famous walk without having to stay overnight.
- Tailored for you. Walk as far as you like, choose a spectacular spot for lunch.
- Walk the track at a time of day when the multi-day walkers aren’t around and have the track to yourself.
- Walk with an expert local guide who has plenty of stories to share.
- Travel an easy section of the Milford Track from Glade Wharf, suitable for most ages and abilities.
- Return water taxi ride across Lake Te Anau.